Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I have my pc connected to my tv.The picture is great except its too large.How can i shrink the screen?

I want to shrink the screen so that I can see it all at once.I am using a dvi cable(computer) to a hdmi(TV).



I have gone to properties to try and change the resolution size but it wont let me change the size.



any other suggestions.



Incase it helps the tv is a sony bravia and the pc is just a normal home computerI have my pc connected to my tv.The picture is great except its too large.How can i shrink the screen?
Your Sony Bravia is not set up right.



Using your Bravia's remote control, hit the HOME button, get into the Settings menus, and under the Screen option, change the %26quot;Display%26quot; item to %26quot;Full Pixel.%26quot; That's how you get 1:1 pixel mapping so your computer's image will fill the screen without the edges getting cut off.



That's what I had to do to get my Sony Bravia to work right. Check it out, it's displaying my computer perfectly, fills the screen edge-to-edge with no cutoff. http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f347/aI have my pc connected to my tv.The picture is great except its too large.How can i shrink the screen?
2 things

that should solve your problem

TV

first get the remote and change the screen on your tv

to 16:9 ,,,,,,most likely ,,wide ,,,,, but go through them all

PC

display options click second monitor (TV) and change the settings to one of the following

1920*1080 if the tv is FULL HD or

1366*768 if its HD ready
  • how to connect a kodak z1 to my pc
  • dvr
  •