Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How can I change the resolution or pixels-per-inc rather than the size of an image?

I need to make my pictures larger without them looking like crap. All blurry and whatnot. Someone said I should change the resolution... For instance. A picture that's 500x500 with the 75 px. Instead of changing that to 3000x3000 inlarging the image and leaving it at 75 px, I should change the px size to 200 or 300 and let eh image inlarge itself so that it doesn't look bad. How do I do this? What prgram can I use.





PLEASE DON'T SAY PHOTOSHOP. I can't get it, I don't have the money. I don't want to even try anymore to get it. lol.How can I change the resolution or pixels-per-inc rather than the size of an image?
use photoshop. lol.

It's simple to do, if you will post your image on a host like tinypic.com and post a link to it i'll fix it for you.





I WIN!! changed the resolution to 500 from about 90 on both

http://i33.tinypic.com/33yknjk.jpg

http://i34.tinypic.com/168c478.jpgHow can I change the resolution or pixels-per-inc rather than the size of an image?
Try the GIMP. http://gimp.org It's free, lots of people use it, and it's just plain awesome.

It can do pretty much everything photoshop can. And you can try to sharpen the image in GIMP by going to filer%26gt;enhance%26gt;sharpenHow can I change the resolution or pixels-per-inc rather than the size of an image?
A higher MP camera.How can I change the resolution or pixels-per-inc rather than the size of an image?
Try using Paint.net. It is free and very easy to use and has lots of features. I have made some very nice pics using it. You can change the resolution using Paint.net too.How can I change the resolution or pixels-per-inc rather than the size of an image?
GIMP is the best open source or freeware photo editing and vector application in the net. But of course, Photoshop is the best %26amp; easier to use (maybe because I know it already).



But converting a small resolution image to a larger image, like for example a 500x500 px image with a resolution of 75 px per inch, it will not be as sharp as those photos that is 3000x3000 with at least 100px. Although it will clean the squared pixel, it will still be the same as the original. Especially if you will use it in a large scale printing. But enlarging it to a higher dpi or px will make it better. There is a way to make it clean because it will be as dirty as hell if you zoom it so close, try to duplicate the layer and use blur effect (most people use gaussian blur) then mask it and leave the edges hidden (eyes, lips and edges of the nose). If you don't know how to use mask, Just erase the edges with an eraser tool so that the cheeks, forehead and other plain parts will be blurred %26amp; will look clean.How can I change the resolution or pixels-per-inc rather than the size of an image?
Well I have enlarged those pics but I had to uploaded them on rapidshare.com coz tinypic.com reduces the size by 50% during the upload.



Here is the link........



http://rapidshare.com/files/129303603/KoHow can I change the resolution or pixels-per-inc rather than the size of an image?
Um. I hate to say this but I shall. Can you get them rescanned? When you do pump up the resolution as high as the program will let you -- on my cheap old equipment I can usually get it up to 150 pixels-per-inch and sometimes up to 300.



Then have them saved as gifs, if you can. The resulting files will be HUMOUNGOUS but gif is a lossless format and jpegs is lossy.



Which raises the other point. Changing the resolution will NOT make them larger without making them look like crap. jpeg takes as well to expansion as pcx files do -- not at all. The Gimp is itself an abomination I love to diss on Yahoo! answers even though I'm a Linux guy and it comes installed by default in most Linux distros. It is hard to learn and has insufficient hooks for color printing. For black and white work like this, it might be acceptable. It's still hard to learn but you might as well get it at:



http://www.gimp.org



Your procedure is flawed though. You have jpegs. You don't make jpegs bigger without making them look like crap. That's what a lossy format is.