Sunday, November 21, 2010

How can I change resolution of a photo to reduce file size but increase size of the photo?

I have to mail some documents to some one which consist of 144 pages so how can I change the size of the file.I got suggestion that I should change the resolution but I don't know how to change the resolution. I am also told to send bigger picture to reduce resolution. how is this done ?How can I change resolution of a photo to reduce file size but increase size of the photo?
Use this program

http://www.xnview.com

open the software, double click the pic

under menu image, change the %26quot;convert to colors%26quot; to lower level, will lower the resolution,

under menu image, choose resize...

this software is free too.How can I change resolution of a photo to reduce file size but increase size of the photo?
Open Photoshop if you have it.

Open the photo in Photoshop.

Click %26quot;Save As%26quot;, in the options, there are options to choose the file size of the saved file. Choose one (low, medium or high) and save it. Send that photo file.How can I change resolution of a photo to reduce file size but increase size of the photo?
You can use Photoshop %26amp; adjust the resolution %26amp; the size. Depending on what the pic is used for is how high you would need the resolution. For instance, you can save a pic for the web at a resolution of 72, %26amp; the pic would be very large %26amp; just fine for the web. But if you planned on making that pic into a t-shirt design (which would be 200-300 dpi), the file would be larger. You may want to zip your file %26amp; send through a site like www.yousendit.com if you don't have the time to reduce the size of the pics. Also you can go to www.imageshack.us %26amp; they will resize them for you (as well as give a link to the pic).How can I change resolution of a photo to reduce file size but increase size of the photo?
Here's what you do. (PHOTOSHOP NOT NEEDED) Your photos are saved on your computer right? Right click it, Then click on 'Resize Pictures' and what it does, is reduces the file size..but makes the photo either a small photo, medium, or large picture sized photo. Then when you have decided, and you proceed, it saves your old pictures, and creates brand new JPG files with the diff. file size n resolution. So that if you screw up, you dont actually mess up ur photos..you have the originals saved still.



I make videos for events, and many times I use pictures... I take photographs at the events using a large resolution then do what i stated above, it lowers the file size but doesn't effect the quality of your photo.