Sunday, November 21, 2010

How do i change the resolution of pictures?

For my student ID card i need to upload a picture of me that is 2x2 and has a resolution of 1280x960 ... but i have no idea how to edit my picture that way and its really starting to annoy me can anyone tell me how to do this?How do i change the resolution of pictures?
You would need a photo editing program like Photoshop. GIMP is a free program you can download, but I don't know if it can change resolutions.



Also you want a square 2%26quot;x2%26quot; photo, but the resolution you list is rectangular. Make sure the photo you upload is at least 150dpi (a lot of programs default to 75dpi), otherwise it will look pixelated/blocky.How do i change the resolution of pictures?
if you have photoshop it is fairly simple go to IMAGE%26gt;IMAGE SIZE where you see document size it should say width/hight and Pixels/Inches select inches and in the width part type in 2 it should automatically adjust the rest select ok save as and your done.