Sunday, November 21, 2010

How do I change the pixels on a picture I've taken?

I'm trying to post pictures on a website to sell but they have to be a certain resolution to sell. How do I change the resolution? All of my pictures taken with my camera are 1024x768 but my friend's pictures taken with a different camera are all different resolutions. I know you can change it on paint, but the site says not to change it manually, so I'm assuming it means paint. How can I change it then? Or is there something I can change on my camera? Please help!How do I change the pixels on a picture I%26039;ve taken?
First you have to save your original file!!!



Then use the resizing feature on your program (help will tell you how to do this), then save the new file as a different name.



What do you mean the site says not to change them manually. How else can you change the image size?



By the way ... the resolution is the combination of both the size of the image in pixels or inches or what ever AND the DPI setting (72 for use on the Internet and 300 for making photographic prints.)How do I change the pixels on a picture I%26039;ve taken?
Pixel sizes that small cannot be made to have a high enough resolution for that. You need a camera that's got better image quality... it probably wants 300dpi and you can change that with photoshop and such.