Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How to change the resolution for TV out ?

I bought a 32%26quot; LCD TV and I've connected my laptop(Sony VAIO - NVIDIA 8400M GT/Windows Vista BUS-32Bit) to television via HDMI cable. but the problem is, when I want to change the resolution of the display , I can't find the proper resolution for my TV that is 1366*768 so I'm not able to see the picture fit to the screen... what can I do about it ? the only available resolution that is somehow close to what I want is 1360*768.How to change the resolution for TV out ?
1360X768 is a standard PC resolution. This is the one to use with a 1366X768 resolution TV. If you haven't noticed by now, TVs, movies and PCs all developed independantly of each other, and so nothing exactly fits.How to change the resolution for TV out ?
Open the Nvidia Control panel

See if there is an Nvidia wizard to properly adjust your screen to compensate for TV's overscan

For example, on the desktop, right click the mouse and see if you get a display properties option. Otherwise, find the Nvidia control panel.