Sunday, November 21, 2010

How do I change the resolution in which I want my pictures to be captured?

I have a canon power shot a590 IS - image stabilizer AiAf



I am tired of editing my pictures in ms paint to the correct resolution.. help me pleaseHow do I change the resolution in which I want my pictures to be captured?
You bought a 8.0 million pixel camera, so don't reduce its resolution down to 3.1 mp or even 0.3 mp just to make more room on your memory card or so you don't have to reduce the size of a few images you want to post or email to friends. You may have well picked a less expensive camera with a 3 mp sensor



Rather, always shoot your camera at its highest resolution and then the few you want to reduce in size, do that using your photo program, but remember to save the adjusted file as a different file name so you do NOT overwrite your original file.How do I change the resolution in which I want my pictures to be captured?
Hello,



I have a Canon PowerShot A2000 IS -very similar, I imagine. What I'm guessing that you would do is this:



If you want to reduce the MP at which your camera takes pictures:



1. turn on the camera

2. go to menu

3. look for something that has to do with size or pixels. On mine I go down to where it says %26quot;L%26quot; for large. I can then change it down. Your camera may say something like %26quot;Photo Size%26quot; or %26quot;Image Size%26quot; or %26quot;Resolution.%26quot;

4. Once you have the size you want, select it. It should now take smaller pictures.



I hope that this helps.