Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do you change the resolution of a photo on a mac?

My friends took pictures on their camera and uploaded them to facebook. I downloaded these pictures to my computer and I wish to upload them to CVS so I can have them printed off at the store. However, when I upload the pictures, there is a little exclamation point warning me that the resolution is not recommended for printing at that size. If anyone could help me with this, it would be much appreciated! Thanks!How do you change the resolution of a photo on a mac?
The resolution is not recommended, but you still can print it. They recommended you because of the result might not work like you expected. usually for printing, pixel resolution is recommended 300dpi or above, and if you change the resolution you might still get the result not as good as it below 300dpi.



you can download GIMP and install it, open your picture in GIMP



from the menu choose Image %26gt; Print Size %26gt; change the resolution for X and Y and make them 300dpi





Good luck!