Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do I get good picture quality with a vga to rca converter box?

I just bought a vga to rca converter box so I can watch movies on my tv via Netflix. I have changed the resolution on my computer moniter to as low it will go and have messed with the settings on the box as far as color, saturation, hue, etc. I have updated the video driver as well. The picture quality is still horrible!How do I get good picture quality with a vga to rca converter box?
Composite video signals are low-quality by nature. Nothing you can do to improve it.



VGA transmits video signals using 5 separate signal lines: HSync, VSync, Red, Green, and Blue. Composite video jumbles all the sync data and colors into one single signal line. The converter box you bought simply takes that nice high-quality VGA signal and jumbles it up into a poor composite signal to output to your TV. That's why it looks terrible.