Wednesday, September 14, 2011

My new screen monitor is blurry. Its resolution is inconsistent with that of Windows. How can i change this?

I got a new Hanns G HB191D monitor, that I need to run at 1440x900 resolution. I set it up in windows to display at 1440x900, but when I go into the menu for the monitor (through the buttons on the monitor itself) it indicates that the resolution is 1152x864. This is causing the picture to be distorted. I have rebooted. I am connected on a VGA port. How can I resolve this and get it to synch up with Windows resolution of 1440x900?My new screen monitor is blurry. Its resolution is inconsistent with that of Windows. How can i change this?
Try installing the drivers that should have come with your monitor. I find when I have issues with the monitors that installing the drivers (which I rarely do) can fix all sorts of weird issues having to do with the resolution.My new screen monitor is blurry. Its resolution is inconsistent with that of Windows. How can i change this?
ou can try this but do it at your own risk:



Change your video resolution to anything you want using regedit. It's recommended you back up your regestry befor tweaking it. Also, dont Go over your video cards min/max resolution.



1. Navigate to:

HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\

System\

CurrentControlSet\

Control\

VIDEO\

{3A2C2EBE-ECDB-4A7B-

99EC-58117AFDC5E2}\

0000\

Mon22446688



2. Find 'DefaultSettings.XResolution'. That is your y axis. Edit as a Decimal to what you want it to be. IE 1152.



2. Find 'DefaultSettings.YResolution'. That is your x axis. Edit as a deciaml to waht you want it to be. IE 863.



3. Restart, and your done.