Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I put an old monitor back into use?

I just bought a new computer, but will keep the old one in use. I hauled out the old, larger screen which was the original screen to the computer and hooked it up - giving the flat panel to the new computer.



The display on the old monitor does not fill the screen. I am running Windows XP. I changed the resolution of the screen, but the display (the actual picture) still does not fill the screen.



Anyone know how to adjust this? Thanks in advance.I put an old monitor back into use?
You have to adjust it manually on those buttons on your monitor .I put an old monitor back into use?
There should be a row of controls at the bottom of the monitor screen, or they're behind some kind of panel that drops or flips out when you touch or push on it. There's a million ways companies do this so I can only tell you the basics. With these controls, you can adjust the width and height of the image to fill the screen, and make adjustments to the top and sides in case the image starts to bulge or go concave. There might also be a set of pop out knobs or control wheels just under the bezel that control those functions. I put an old monitor back into use?
I don't know if this will work in XP does in Win 98. Right click on desktop and go to %26quot;properties%26quot; theres a tab there that has a pull down menu that offers different sizes or display modes such as 600x800, 1280x1100 and the like. Choose one that best fits or try them all hitting %26quot;apply%26quot; each time to see if you find the perfect size. You can also check ALL settings on the monitor itself Most have a %26quot;stretcth feature to help fit the screen. Good luck Again XP might be different if doesn't work research %26quot;display resolution%26quot; or %26quot;display modes%26quot; for Win XP Good Luck