Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How can I set up the best picture quality for all of my consoles?

Ok so I just bought a new HDTV. It has 1 HDMI port, 1 component, and 2 composit (video) ports not in use. I have a Wii, Xbox 360, and PS2 that need to hook into these ports. What cords should I buy for which system, that will give some of the best resolution. I dont want to have to pull cords out every time I change systems, so where they go is where they stay.How can I set up the best picture quality for all of my consoles?
Does your TV support 1080p? If it only supports 1080i then I reccomend:

PS3- HDMI

X360 - Composite Cable (comes with the pro and elite models, justs et it to HDTV)

Wii - Component



The Wii does not output in HD, so it doesn't make a huge difference what kind of cable you use with it.



If your TV supports 1080p, then I suggest HDMI on both the ps3 and the 360, although this would require an HDMI AV switch. This is because composite cables only support up to 1080i natively. This would free up the composite port, which you could use for the Wii if you wanted to bump it from 480i to 480p (although the difference is negligible).



edit: just saw it was a ps2, not a ps3. In this case I would suggest:



X360 - HDMI

PS2 - Composite

Wii - Component



PS2 may not be in HD, but the games do look cleaner on a composite connection.How can I set up the best picture quality for all of my consoles?
Well, since neither the Wii or PS2 really supports HD, plug your 360 into either the HDMI or component ports, and use your two composite ports for your Wii and PS2.How can I set up the best picture quality for all of my consoles?
Wii- cant

XBOX 360- go into settings and screen and chage it to your HD tv (so my HD tv is 1800i is my TV) so put the setting to 1800i also put your XBOX 360's HD Wires in read the manual to see how to install them

PS2- Cant How can I set up the best picture quality for all of my consoles?
if you have an elite, then buy either and HDMI or a component cable for that, as they are both high-def cables and the 360 is the only HD console you have. if its not an elite then get a component cable as the regular 360's are not HDMI compatible. the ps2 and wii will both have to go in to composite as neither of them are HD (as far as i know), so just a plain old scart cable for them



hope this helped :)How can I set up the best picture quality for all of my consoles?
on your 360, theres an hd button, use that.How can I set up the best picture quality for all of my consoles?
From the best to worst:

Use the HDMI port for the 360

Component for Wii

Composite for PS2, or just use the original A/V cable that came with it. Works. fine.

I suggest getting a system selector to put the Wii and PS2 cables in?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?

You can plug the HD cable for 360 straight in your TV.
  • get squirrels to stop
  • copier request for information
  •