Thursday, September 22, 2011

How can I change Dish settings for just my TV and not the whole reciever?

So, my Dish reciever is connected to two TVs - one HDTV upstairs and one SDTV downstairs. To change the Dish's display resolution to HD on my TV I went into the settings and set it as 1080i. Since both the HD and SD TVs are on the same reciever, the SDTV was also set as 1080i, which doesn't exactly work out on the TV and you get some cut off picture. So, is there some way to just change the setting on your TV instead of the whole reciever?How can I change Dish settings for just my TV and not the whole reciever?
Are you using the dual Tuner Dish network receiver? Then the 2d TV is always in SD mode.

If you simply use a splitter, then the set-top settings apply to BOTH TVs. Simply get a second set-top box.