Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How can I Improve FS2004 (FS9) Frames with my Specs?

Okay, here's the rundow:



I've got Vista Home Premium

Intel Core Duo 1.5 GHz Processor

and 3 GB of RAM. I have all of the FlyTampa scenery you can get your hands on also. I've also got TrackIr, Adobe's AI Traffic Pack, and some payware planes. I have all of the Scenery settings to the lowest, Airplane settings to Medium-High, Weather to lowest, traffic to 90%, and Global Mass Texture to massive. Now before anything else, I have to have AI. I can't live without it. Second, I can't stand low textures and scenery. My frames are locked at 24. One second I am getting 23.9 or 23.8, then the next 5 minutes I'm getting 4 FPS. For example, I just did a 4-5 hour flight from Honolulu to San Francisco. On final, the frames dropped to about 2. I can't fly unless the game is running smooth. So I pause the game and go watch an episode of Mythbusters. Well, maybe not that long, but you get the picture. So I want to know how to run FS2004 with full settings and have it run smooth.





P.S. Does it make a difference if you change the Screen Resolution to a lower setting? I have mine at the highest (I think 1280 X 800).How can I Improve FS2004 (FS9) Frames with my Specs?
Screen resolution affects the performance too.