Thursday, September 22, 2011

Frequency out of range, error message for windows 7...?

I have a 2009, gateway computer with windows 7...

While working with some programs the computer automatically changed resolution to the lowest setting... I tried setting it back to what it was before, but the the desktop screen came out with its picture larger than the monitor. So I thought maybe if I restarted the computer it would show up right... but once I did it came to where it says Starting Windows, then the message ( frequency out of range ) now I can't get the computer to start up... that message just comes up every time and stay on.... Please tell me how I can change the resolution or just get the computer working how it was... ThanksFrequency out of range, error message for windows 7...?
Sounds like you have either a monitor or graphics card error. Boot into safe mode and see if your pc boots up or not.



If not try another monitor or graphic card.