Thursday, September 22, 2011

I need help connecting my laptop to my tv! Please help me!?

HI Everyone. I need help on knowing how to connect my lap top to my tv. I bought the 7 pin svideo to RCA cable I connected it to my tv and it worked except for one problem I get a black%26amp;white picture. I've tried changing the settings on my tv and I've changed the resolution on my laptop but nothing works. Does any one know what else I can do? At this point I'm not sure if maybe I got a faulty cable. If any one has other suggestions please let me know.

Thank you!!!!I need help connecting my laptop to my tv! Please help me!?
Refer to your TV sets user manuel it should show what and how to connect the two properly as well as correct cables to use. You can also find the info on the website for your make and model of lap top in the help and support section/user manual.I need help connecting my laptop to my tv! Please help me!?
Happened to mine also.



This issue can be caused by any of the below possibilities, we recommend you follow each of the below steps to resolve this issue.



1. Driver issue - This issue can be caused by a driver related issue; verify your laptop has the latest drivers from your computer manufacturer. Note: if you are using a laptop computer we recommend you get the latest drivers from your computer manufacturer and not the video card manufacturer unless directed otherwise.

2. Connector issues - If you are using an adapter such as a SCART to connect your computer to the TV, make sure it is capable of supporting your video mode. SCART connectors only supports composite video and therefore if you are using S-Video you will only be able to receive a black and white picture. If you are using S-Video connector you may wish to use the S-Video to SCART pro (pro-SCART-6) found here.

3. TV modes - Verify your laptop is using the same TV mode as your TV (e.g. PAL or NTSC).

4. Hardware - Insure you are connecting the laptop directly to the TV and not through any other devices.

5. Other - If the above issues do not relate to your situation and you are still receiving a black and white picture, it is recommended you contact your laptop computer manufacturer or video card manufacturer for additional recommendations and/or repair.