Thursday, June 2, 2011

How to hook up a PS3 to a computer monitor using a HDMI to VGA adapter?

I have a male VGA to female HDMI adapter that i plugged into my monitor and the other to my PS3 and when i try to get a picture my monitor tells me that my resolution is not at the optimal setting and that it is recommended to use 1680x1050, so i change my resolution and it still doesn't work and i keep getting the same message about my resolution. what should i do or what should i be doing? anything is appreciated right now :DHow to hook up a PS3 to a computer monitor using a HDMI to VGA adapter?
Are you trying to run your ps3 at 1920x1080? (1080p) if so, your monitor probably wont support that resolution.



Try resetting your ps3 video settings by turning it off, and then when you turn it back on hold down the power button until you hear 2 beeps, the normal start-up beep, then the video reset beep shortly after wards.



Might also have to do with the fact that 1680x1050 is 8:5 aspect ratio instead of the HDTV 16:9