Thursday, June 2, 2011

Can anyone explain to me about macros & how to identify them, also about resolution, Photoshop Elements 6?

I am trying to understand more about taking photographs and have a couple of hopefully simple queries!

I am going through my Photoshop Elements catalogue trying to tag all macros - I understand that a macro in simple terms is where the resulting image is the same size as or larger than the original. Is there any metadata that I can use to simply my search of over 8000 photographs?



Along the same lines - I am trying to understand about the resolution of the pictures. I have 2 cameras, one downloads all its photos at 180ppi, the other one all the photos show up as 72ppi (the correct resolution for viewing onscreen but not so good for printing).

I guess I need to find a setting on the cameras to determine what resolution they download using - but is there anyway in the resizing section that I can increase the ppi to make printing on my 1200ppi capable printer a little sharper?

It allows me to change the resolution, but if I do that and resample isn't it just %26quot;making up%26quot; the extra pixels it puts in?Can anyone explain to me about macros %26amp; how to identify them, also about resolution, Photoshop Elements 6?
In photography, a macro image is one where the subject size to image size is from 2:1 to 1:5 (using currently available lenses) Image magnifications beyond 1:5 fall into the realm of using microscopes



In computer programs, macros are a sequence of computing instructions as a single program statement that the user can write to enhance a file such as those used in spreadsheet programs.



Your question seems to be more than just one. Try breaking it down into some elemental questions and ask them again, one at a time.



On Resolution:



http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/dslr-com



This will help you understand what it is and how it works with digital cameras.



Basically, you need to assure that your camera is set at its highest resolution. Then any image files have a good chance of being able to suit your needs as a photographer.



On PPI (pixels per inch) and DPI (dots per inch)



http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/mpmyth.hCan anyone explain to me about macros %26amp; how to identify them, also about resolution, Photoshop Elements 6?
1) Start - search - when asked for search use *.??? i.e. star ( shift 8 ) . ( dot / full stop ) and use the suffix that photo shop uses to save the macro file e.g. * .jpg is a search for a jpg file if photo shop use .mac then search for * .mac . but I dont use photo shop and understand a macro as something else . EDIT - It seems a macro photo is saved as any other image ( .jpg ) so you will need to do an advanced search of some kind. so in future put your macro pics in their own folder .