Thursday, June 2, 2011

How do you fix a totally messed up screen resolution?

My sister was playing some CD game that I believe runs on a different resolution then the one currently set. I'm not sure why this happened, because I used to play this game when i was much younger on my XP, and I did not have this problem. She was playing it (on ou Windows Vista laptop) and she says that suddenly the screen totally messed up. The colour is very pixelated, and only one quarter of the original screen is blown up to this huge picture. The mouse will only move in a quarter square of the screen. The screen is so blown up, that i can't even get to properties to change the resolution. I tried restarting the computer and then restarting it again, but it stayed the same. I'm stuck on ideas. The computer is now basically unusable, because it's so big i can't control the mouse, so i don't know how to recover the original resolution. What do I do?How do you fix a totally messed up screen resolution?
Right click on the desktop and select %26quot;Personalize.%26quot; Then select the last option which should say %26quot;Display settings.%26quot; A smaller window should pop up entitled, %26quot;Display settings.%26quot; Under where it says %26quot;Resolution:%26quot; there should be a slider bar. Just keep trying the next highest setting on and on until the picture look clear.



If that was too hard to follow, here's a tutorial (I did not make this)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r0ratnnp

On my computer it took a while to load so you'll have to be patient...How do you fix a totally messed up screen resolution?
Boot in to safe mode then change it in the control panel to something viewable like 1024x768 then restart your computer..



%26quot;To get into the Windows Vista Safe mode, as the computer is booting press and hold your %26quot;F8 Key%26quot; which should bring up the %26quot;Windows Advanced Options Menu%26quot; as shown below. Use your arrow keys to move to %26quot;Safe Mode%26quot; and press your Enter key.%26quot;



http://www.computerhope.com/issues/chsaf