Thursday, June 2, 2011

How can I get a good picture with a composite cable on a high def monitor?

I have a 24 inch hd monitor that displays 1920x1200. It has component, dvi, svideo, and composite hook ups. The problem is I have a lot of older game systems that I would like to use on it such as a dreamcast, gamecube, and playstation. When I hook them up using the yellow (composite) cable the picture is horrible due to the resolution of the monitor being so high. Is there any way to change this? They look great on my old tv with just the composite cables, the 1080p resolution just seems to stretch them to much on the monitor. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!How can I get a good picture with a composite cable on a high def monitor?
I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but there's nothing that can be done about the poor resolution when using the older, non high-def gaming systems.



It may be possible to change the aspect ratio, so at least the view is not being stretched horizontally in excess. Perhaps there is a %26quot;Ratio%26quot; or %26quot;Aspect Ratio%26quot; button on your TV's remote or in it's settings. That's the best you can hope for.How can I get a good picture with a composite cable on a high def monitor?
those old game systems weren't made for high definition. the only way you can make it look %26quot;sort of okay%26quot; (aka progressive scan, not interlaced) is to buy component cables for your Gamecube, and the VGA box for the dreamcast. the playstation is pretty much as good as it gets. you could try getting S-Video for it.
  • control panel buttons
  • short hair cut
  •